All you need to know about the career of the Whites' new forward, Stephen Dobbie
1) Stephen Dobbie was born in Glasgow, Scotland on December 5, 1982
2) Coming through the ranks at Rangers, the forward actually made his professional debut during a brief loan stint with Australian side Northern Spirit in 2002.
3) Joining Hibernian in 2003, Dobbie scored a hat-trick on his full debut for the club in a 9-0 victory over Montrose in the Scottish League Cup second round.
4) He would later go on to score against former side Rangers at Hampden Park in Hibernian’s penalty shootout semi-final victory in the same competition.
5) Dobbie recorded 20+ goals in three successive seasons between 2006 and 2009. Netting 11 goals apiece for Dumbarton and Queen of the South during 2006/07, the forward followed that up by netting 20 times and 23 times for the latter in the subsequent two seasons.
6) Able to boast European experience on his CV, Dobbie represented Hibs in the 2004 Intertoto Cup, making his continental debut against Lithuanian side Vetra, before later playing in the UEFA Cup with Queen of the South.
7) He once scored a second-half hat-trick for Queen of the South after coming off the bench against Morton in the 64th minute January 2008 – scoring his first of the day just a minute later as they secured a 3-0 victory.
8) The forward also has one four-goal haul to his name, coming in Queen of the South’s 7-1 victory over Clyde in April 2009.
9) Having spent last season on loan at Fleetwood Town, he has also enjoyed four separate loan spells with Blackpool since moving south of the border in 2009, as well as stints with Swansea City, Brighton & Hove Albion and Crystal Palace.
10) Dobbie has won promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs three times from the last six seasons with Blackpool, Swansea City and Crystal Palace, even scoring one and setting up another in the Swans’ 4-2 victory over Reading in 2011.
Tweets by @OfficialBWFC