An opening has become available at the club's Lostock Training Ground for a Senior Groundsman to run the facility catering for first team and academy players alongside other club run teams/projects.
As part of the role you will need to run a team of five groundstaff and deliver the high standards of BWFC day in, day out.
- To lead and assist in the organisation the team’s day to day duties to ensure the highest standards are maintained.
- To develop proactive working relationships with the team, the coaching staff and management.
- Ensure the day to day Health and safety of the team.
- Control of irrigation
- General maintenance of workshop ensuring all tools and equipment are safely stored after use and issues with machinery are logged.
- To adopt a “Lead from the front” approach to managing a team.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience working on professional pitches within Football
- A firm understanding of Health and safety.
- PA1, 2a and 6 Spraying certificates are desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to lead a team to achieve the desired standards.
- A proactive management style.
- Experience on delivering projects.
Salary – Competitive
Sue Mitton, Executive Assistant, University of Bolton Stadium, Burnden Way, Lostock, Bolton, BL6 6JW or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications Sunday 19 August 2018