As with 2017/18, the EFL and broadcast partner Sky Sports have again committed to give Clubs and supporters at least five weeks’ notice ahead of any EFL League matches being selected for live television coverage.
In a small change to the policy from 2017/18, the EFL has outlined the dates when any changes will be announced to the public via the EFL’s digital and social channels, rather than the dates when Clubs will be initially notified.
The dates will again ensure any fixture changes are announced with a minimum of five weeks’ notice of the fixture taking place in order to give EFL supporters as much time as is possible to allow for any alterations to travel plans that may be required.
In addition, an amendment to this policy was made in March 2018, whereby a minimum of three weeks’ notice was put in place for the penultimate weekend of the season in order to ensure the most appropriate matches are picked for broadcast.
The opening weekend TV selections have been made, and our trip to West Bromwich Albion will not feature.
SKY SPORTS ANNOUNCEMENT DATES 2018/19
(Illustrative but subject to a five-week minimum notice commitment)
- Remainder of August Selections for 11th August to 25th August by 28th June.
- Selections for 1st September to 29th September by 27th July.
- Selections for 3rd October to 10th November by 24th August.
- Selections for 17th November to 8th December by 12th October.
- Selections for 15th December to 12th January by 9th November.
- Selections for 19th January to 2nd February by 14th December.
- Selections for 9th February to 2nd March by 4th January.
- Selections for 9th March to 30th March by 1st February.
- Selections for 6th April and 10th April by 1st March.
- Selections for 13th April by 8th March.
- Selections for 19th April to 22nd April by 15th March.
- Selections for 27th April by 5th April.