An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Bolton Wanderers Academy for a Lead Academy Goalkeeping Coach.
Reporting to the Academy Manager the purpose of the role is:
To deliver the goalkeeping development programme and curriculum for all age groups across the Academy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Academy Manger, Head of Coaching and Lead Phase Coaches to ensure the continuous development of all Academy goalkeepers.
• Effectively recruit, manage and develop part-time coaches to achieve the level of coaching required for the Academy’s goalkeeping development programme.
• Ensure all Academy goalkeepers are fully prepared for games and have a comprehensive development programme, including liaising with the video analysis and strength & conditioning departments.
• Monitor goalkeeping coaching and promote good practice across all phases.
• Create a positive environment for player development; display high standards of behaviour and appearance and encourage the same from all coaches and players.
• Ensure timely and accurate updating of player information on the Academy’s player management system (PMA).
• Manage and work with goalkeeping coaches to plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions in line with the Academy’s philosophy, goalkeeping coaching plan and coach competency framework.
• Liaise with the Head of Academy Recruitment and other key staff to identify and recruit goalkeepers across all age groups.
• Undertake continued professional development organised by the academy and in line with EPPP rules.
• Attend and report at Parents’ Evenings and phase meetings.
• Undertake other duties as directed by the Academy Manager or Technical Board.
Qualifications & knowledge:
• UEFA GK A licence (desirable); FA GK B licence (essential)
• UEFA B Licence (essential)
• Advanced Youth Award (desirable)
• Youth Module 3 (essential)
• FA Basic First Aid in Sport
• IT skills to include a high level of competence using Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint skills
• Full clean driving licence
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. The remuneration package includes a competitive salary dependant on experience.
For further details and an application form please contact Andy Watkins, Academy Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date Friday 13 July 2018 with interviews the week following.