Your ten-point guide to the club's latest transfer recruit, Dorian Dervite
1. Dorian Dervite Vaussoue was born in the French city of Lille on July 25, 1988.
2. He began his affiliation with the game at the age of six when he started playing for local side La Madeleine.
3. The centre-half joined his hometown club Lille as an eleven year old, becoming a part of the Ligue 1 outfit’s youth system in 1999.
4. Dervite impressed in France and was soon on the move to England with Tottenham Hotspur offering him a place within their academy set-up before he secured his first professional contract soon after.
5. The Frenchman enjoyed a stint with Southend United in January 2009, making 18 appearances for the Shrimpers.
6. Following the conclusion of his deal at White Hart Lane, Dervite swapped the British Isles for Spain as he agreed terms with Villareal B.
7. After just two years however, Charlton Athletic lured the defender back to England where he has since made 75 appearances for the Addicks, scoring five goals in the process.
8. He notched his first ever professional goal against Leeds United in October 2012 and also scored against Wanderers in a 3-2 victory for Charlton during the 2012/13 campaign.
9. Alongside his club exploits, Dervite has also represented his country at every level from under-16 to under 21.
10. The 25-year-old also captained France on a number of occasions and has featured at both the U21 European Championships and the Toulon International Tournament.