U18s: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool AET

Alex Samizadeh and Cameron Moore strikes seal Bolton win

Wanderers' Under-18s overcame Blackpool in extra-time in the first round of the FA Youth Cup at Macron Stadium on Wednesday night.

Alex Samizadeh opened the scores early on for Nicky Spooner's side, only for Denzel Williams to force extra-time with a second half header.

However, substitute Cameron Moore struck in the second half of extra-time to seal the young Whites' path to the second round. 
After both sides exchanged possession in the early minutes, Samizadeh's opener was the first real opportunity of the match.

The Iranian broke beyond the back line of the Blackpool defence before being bought down in the area by Denzel Williams. However, with the referee not awarding the penalty, the striker reacted quickest to slot past Jack Sims and into the net.
Bolton continued to dominate proceedings with Ryan White's drilled cross inches away from Samizadeh, before Jordan Grant’s effort from 30 yards failed to test the Blackpool keeper.
It took until the 33rd minute for Jake Turner to be tested. Finlay Sinclair-Smith created himself a yard before his whipped cross was punched away by the England youth international.
Harry Brockbank almost doubled the lead after collecting the ball on the edge of his own box, running the length of the field before his right footed effort flew inches wide of Sims’ post.

Shakeel Jones-Griffiths split the Tangerines’ defence soon after to find Samizadeh, howeverm his low shot was saved well by Sims in the Blackpool goal. 

Moments later, Jack Earing’s free kick had the Blackpool shot stopper scrambling across his line, only for the set-piece to float wide as the Trotters went in ahead at the break.
The first chance of the second half fell the way of the visitors, Sinclair-Smith’s dangerous cross found Rowan Roache who saw his effort blocked superbly by Tom Grivosti. The follow up effort from Christian N’Guessan was then deflected behind for a corner.
It was once again Sinclair-Smith being the heart of creativity for Blackpool, this time cutting in from the left to create himself space however, his dipping effort went wide of Turner's post.
In the 72nd minute, second half substitute Ralph Chea forced Jake Turner into making a low save, resulting in a corner. 

However, it was from the resulting set piece that Blackpool drew level, Denzel Williams heading home at the back post after Roache picked him out from the dead ball.

The home side had the chance to regain the lead soon after as Jordan Grant’s ball was flicked on by Dennis Politic into the path of Earing only for Sims to stand tall and keep the scores level.
With extra time looming  Turner pulled off a spectacular save to deny Will Dunne what would have been a winning goal, tipping over his header from close range.
The first chance of the extra-time came the way of Wanderers, White’s inch perfect delivery finding Politic in the box only for his glancing header to be saved by Sims.
But Wanderers did manage to take a deserved lead in 109th minute, Politic’s 20-yard strike cannoning back off the post into the path of fellow substitute Moore who slotted home into a empty net.
Minutes later Politic found himself free in the box following Cole Lonsdale’s cross, however, the forward's powerful shot was palmed away by Sims.
Navarro had the chance to put the game to bed in the dying embers of the match having cut inside to beat Benjamin Agyeman-Badu, only to see his effort rebound back off the inside post and into the palms of Sims.
Sims then denied Politic once more, getting down low to his left to keep his side in the game.
A mature performance by the Wanderers’ youngsters, sees Nicky Sooner’s side progress into the second round of the FA Youth Cup.

Bolton: Turner, Grant, Lonsdale, Marsh, Brockbank, Grivosti, Everest (Politic 57), Jones-Griffiths (Moore 80), Samizadeh (Navarro 105), Earing, White.
Subs: Aspinall, Adbo.

Read Time: 4 mins