An exciting opportunity has arisen at Bolton Wanderers for an Academy Manager to lead the Club’s Academy.
Reporting to the Head of Football Operations, the purpose of the role is to develop and manage the Academy’s strategy in line with current English Football League and FA standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Head of Football Operations and 1st Team Manager to develop and communicate the Club's football philosophy and ensure compliance from all Academy and related staff.
- Liaise with 1st Team coaching staff to ensure regular feedback and discussion on all aspects of player performance and development.
- Draw up the Academy Performance Plan; monitor and give regular feedback on the plan to the Chief Executive and Head of Football Operations, setting out a remedial action plan if necessary.
- Ensure all Academy staff are working towards and are using the appropriate processes of the performance plan.
- Work closely with the Club’s Community Trust in relation to grassroots delivery and the Club’s Development Centres.
- Conduct an annual self-assessment of the Academy as per EFL rules.
- Design, implement and manage the Academy’s coaching programme in conjunction with the Head of Coaching.
- Ensure assistance to the EFL in connection with its on-going monitoring and evaluation programmes.
- Recruit, develop and manage Academy staff, carrying out regular performance reviews in line with Club guidelines.
- Build and maintain relationships with parents of academy players cultivating open and honest discussions on player development, performance and future.
- Liaise with other Club departments on related matters of training and playing facilities, accounting, health & safety, HR and any other necessary issues.
- Maintain good relationships with the professional football Leagues, FA, local FAs and other footballing bodies attending meetings, presentations and training when necessary.
- Undertake Continued Professional Development organised by the Club and the FA.
- Be an ambassador of BWFC giving excellent customer service at all times, portraying a professional image throughout each interaction.
Qualifications & knowledge:
- An up to date UEFA A Licence
- Academy Managers Licence (desirable)
- FA Youth Award
- FA Advanced Youth Award
- An up-to-date Enhanced DBS, FA Safeguarding Children and Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS) qualifications or EFAiF.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
The remuneration package includes a competitive salary and benefits, dependant on experience. To apply, please email Sue Mitton email@example.com to request an application form.
Closing Date: Friday 31st July 2020 with interviews the week following.