GOOD news for people who spent lockdown clearing out their cupboards – Derian House Children’s Hospice is now accepting donations of goods!
The charity has set up special drive-through donation stations to allow people to donate their unwanted items quickly, easily and safely.
The stations will be running on Sunday, 14 June, from 10am to 4pm. No appointment is necessary, just come along and drop off your goods.
Derian House is specifically looking for donations of:
- White goods
- Furniture (soft furnishings i.e. sofas can only be accepted if the fire label is attached)
- Electronic items (including audio/visual and gaming consoles - must be working
- Designer clothing and jewellery
All other items cannot be accepted at this time, but will be gratefully received at charity shops upon re-opening.
For safety reasons, people must be able and willing to unload items from their own cars.
The donation stations will ensure the charity has good levels of stock for the re-opening of its shops in Chorley, Leyland and Horwich on June 15.
Andrew Upton-Ford, Derian House Retail Manager, said: “The forced closure of our charity shops has dealt a huge blow to our fundraising at the hospice and we are keen to get back to business, providing the shoppers of Lancashire with the best bargains around.
“We’ve put a lot of time and thought into the re-opening of our shops and have stringent guidelines in place to ensure the safety of our customers, staff and volunteers at all times.
“Lots of our supporters have been asking when we’ll be back open for donations and I’m really pleased we’re able to offer these drive-through donation stations to help people find a new home for their unwanted goods. We can’t wait to see what treasures we unearth.”
The drive-through donation stations are at:
- Derian House Warehouse, White Bear Marina, Adlington PR7 4HZ (appointment needed at this location. Please call 01257 233 300 between 9am to 4pm Monday-Friday to book a slot).
- Strawberry Fields Digital Hub, Euxton Lane, Chorley PR7 1PQ
- Bolton Wanderers Football Club, University of Bolton Stadium, Burnden Way, Bolton BL6 6JW (football memorabilia will also be gratefully accepted at this location). Car Park C.
Staff at the donation stations will be adhering to government guidelines on social distancing and will be wearing masks and gloves. All donated items will be fully sanitised before being sold.