Ten things you need to know about Bolton’s Luxembourgish winger, Yannick Bastos
1) Yannick Bastos was born in Luxembourg on May 30, 1993.
2) Although a full citizen of Luxembourg, Bastos also boasts Portuguese descent courtesy of his parents’ heritage.
3) Despite his tender years, Bastos is able to speak five languages including French, Spanish, Luxembourgish and English.
4) He has already registered four international senior appearances for Luxembourg, featuring in World Cup qualifiers against the likes of Russia.
5) Bastos already has a high media profile in his native homeland, with the youngster a firm favourite amongst the country’s football supporters.
6) Prior to signing with Wanderers, Bastos had only previously visited England on one occasion during a holiday to London.
7) The youngster is represented by former Wanderers defender Gretar Steinsson, who played for the club between 2008 and 2012.
8) The 20-year-old will be the first Luxembourgian to feature for the club.
9) Bastos has played in five Europa League qualifiers for FC Differdange 03 this term, scoring one goal in the process.
10) The youngster also shares his birthday with former Wanderer Phil Brown and Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard.