Report: Hull City v Bolton Wanderers

Wanderers fell to defeat in their final outing before the upcoming international break as Hull City ran out 4-0 winners at the KCOM Stadium on Friday evening.

Three first half goals did the damage as Wanderers to a second successive defeat against a strong and determined Tigers outfit.

Strikes from Adama Diomende, Jarrod Bowen and Kamil Grosicki gave the hosts a comfortable half time lead before Bowen added his second and Hull’s fourth late in the game.

Wanderers lost the services of stand-in captain Jem Karacan early in the game through injury.

Manager Phil Parkinson made just the one change from the starting XI who took to the field for Wanderers’ last league outing against Derby County with Will Buckley coming in for Darren Pratley in midfield.

Karacan, who captained Wanderers in their midweek Carabao Cup victory against Sheffield Wednesday, retained the armband.

After a quiet start from both sides, Hull’s David Meyler was shown a yellow card after  ten minutes for a very clumsy and late challenge on the Wanderers skipper deep inside his own half.

The opening goal came moments later through Adama Diomende who charged into the box to power a drive past Howard who managed to get his fingertips to the ball following a swift counter attack.

Wanderers suffered another blow when Karacan was forced off the field after failing to recover from that earlier challenge. Pratley came on in his place.

And the midfielder almost equalised with his first touch when his low drive was deflected for a throw-in off the foot of Allan McGregor.

But the hosts gave Wanders a mountain to climb when Jarrod Bowen’s header beat Howard following another sharp counter attack to double Hull’s lead inside 20 minutes.

Pratley had another effort on goal when a corner fell to him but despite having some time to place his shot the ball sailed over the bar.

The third came just before the half-hour mark when Kamil Grosicki, who had a hand in each of the first two goals, powered his way into the box and brushed away the challenge of Burke to leave Howard with no chance.

Parkinson made his second substitution during the interval with Derik coming on for Buckley.

Neither side offered any threat following the restart, with the hosts seemingly content with their large advantage.

Adam Le Fondre came on for Josh Cullen just before the hour mark as the visitors made their final change of the evening.

Bowen should have made it four when he found himself with space on the edge of the box but could only fire his shot over the bar.

Le Fondre registered a rare shot on target for the visitors not long after he came on but his well struck effort went straight into the arms of McGregor.

The pace of the game slowed down to a canter with Hull passing the ball around with ease.

Armstrong almost grabbed a consolation with just minutes remaining but couldn’t direct his shot past a diving McGregor.

Still searching for their first league win of the season, Wanderers now head into the international break before facing Middlesbrough at Macron Stadium.

But Bowen put the gloss on a comprehensive victory with his second of the night.

Read Time: 3 mins