Report: Salford City 0-1 Bolton Wanderers

​​LLOYD ISGROVE’S first-half strike saw Bolton Wanderers complete a league double of Salford City and in doing so ended the country’s longest unbeaten home record.

The three points though solidified their place amongest the automatic promotion berths as they opened a four-point gap ahead of Morecambe who jumped ahead of Tranmere Rovers into fourth.
Wanderers could have been out of sight in a one-sided first half and showed their defensive brilliance in the second period.
Ian Evatt made just one change from the side that beat Harrogate Town at the weekend.
George Thomason came in for Marcus Maddison while Ryan Delaney returned to the bench.
Matt Gilks comfortably gathered Ian Henderson’s scuffed volley from Robbie Gotts’ centre as the Ammies had the first opportunity of the evening.
At the other end, Vaclav Hladky blocked Eoin Doyle’s follow-up when he initially got a fist to Dapo Afolayan’s drive.
Seconds later and the ball somehow evaded Doyle’s head following Lloyd Isgrove’s right-sided cross.
Doyle was close to breaking the deadlock as Wanderers broke upfield. The Irishman was unable to get enough power on Gethin Jones’ cross to trouble Hladky.
The Czech keeper pulled off a strong save to keep out Doyle once again after Afolayan located the Wanderers top scorer.
Wanderers were firmly on top and Afolayan’s shot from range went just over the bar.
Tom Clarke had his name taken for a late challenge on Afolayan with the two getting into a good battle on the left-hand side.
From the resulting free-kick, the ball worked its way to Isgrove and the winger broke the deadlock cutting in with his left foot to curl the ball beyond Hladky.
Henderson spurned a glorious chance to equalise shortly afterwards when he blazed the ball over the bar after latching onto Brandon Thomas-Asante's through pass.
Clarke headed downwards and wide from Ibou Touray’s cross as the half edged towards its end. 
Richie Towell forced a diving save from Gilks with a volley from just inside the box.
MJ Williams was cautioned for a foul on Coutts despite the referee initially awarding the foul in Wanderers’ favour.
The hosts came out of the traps quickly in the second half as they searched for a way back into the game, but Wanderers’ defence held firm.
Henderson was again wasteful from a Touray cross when he headed well wide of goal,
At the other end, Wanderers earned a corner when Kieran Lee’s shot after George Thomason won the ball in midfield deflected behind.
Doyle fired over when he was put through by Thomason as Wanderers broke forward and pressed the hosts.
Evatt made a double change on 76 minutes when he brought on Shaun Miller and Nathan Delfouneso for Doyle and Afolayan.
With six minutes remaining, Zack Elbouzedi replaced the hard-working Isgrove.
Wanderers defended doggedly and deserved to pick up the three points that consolidated their place in the automatic promotion places. 
Salford City:
Hladky, Clarke (Bernard 46), Eastham, Turnbull, Touray, Towell (Burgess 72), Coutts (Hunter 46), Lowe, Gotts, Thomas-Asante, Henderson.​
Subs Nots Used: Evans, James, Boyd, Dieseruvwe.​
Bolton Wanderers:
Gilks, Jones, Almeida Santos, Baptiste, John, Williams, Lee, Isgrove (Elbouzedi 84), Thomason, Afolayan (Delfouneso 76), Doyle (Miller 77). 
Subs Not Used: Delaney, Brockbank, Tutte, Gnahoua.
Goal: Isgrove (23)
Read Time: 3 mins