Following the Government’s ‘Plan B’ announcement regarding COVID-19, there are now mandatory COVID-19 certification requirements in place for all those attending matchdays at the University of Bolton Stadium.
The new measures will affect supporters entering the turnstiles, as well as those accessing the Bolton Whites Hotel and corporate hospitality areas.
Bolton Wanderers encourages everyone who will be attending upcoming matchdays to carefully read the following information:
General admission into the stadium, the Bolton Whites Hotel and corporate hospitality areas will now require valid proof of your COVID-19 status. This applies to over 18s only (under 18s do not need to provide this). Acceptable proof can be in the form of any of the following:
- An NHS COVID Pass – either digitally via the app or a paper pass.
- An approved international equivalent.
- A valid text or email confirmation of a negative test result within the last 48 hours (we cannot accept actual lateral flow tests – you need to upload your results to get your official pass).
To acquire this proof, you will need to have:
- Two vaccination doses of an approved vaccine.
- One vaccination of the single-dose Janssen vaccine.
- Have a negative PCR or rapid lateral flow result within the last 48 hours.
- Approved medical exemption.
Your COVID-19 status will be checked on arrival to the University of Bolton Stadium and the Bolton Whites Hotel and as a consequence, this will affect how quickly we are able to process fans into their seats.
Therefore, we are encouraging supporters to consider the following prior to making their way to the stadium:
- Please do not travel to the game if you are feeling unwell or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- Hotel hospitality is open from 12pm, stadium hospitality from 1pm and turnstiles will open from 1.30pm. We ask visitors to arrive as early as possible as we do expect access into the stadium to take a little longer than usual as we check COVID-19 passes.
- We ask you download the NHS app and ensure you have access to your COVID-19 pass ahead of entering the stadium to avoid connectivity issues. As with matchday tickets, iPhone users can store their pass ‘offline’ in their Apple Wallet and Android users can store theirs in Google Pay.
- Fans who wish to visit the Club Store and Ticket Office on matchday are reminded of the Bolton Central COVID-19 Policy.
- We ask that you are understanding and patient with our staff members. The fixture against Wycombe Wanderers will be the first time we have implemented this new guidance and your support will be invaluable in ensuring admissions are processed speedily and effectively.
Unfortunately without proof of your COVID-19 status, you will not be granted access into the stadium. Staff also reserve the right to deny entry to any supporters who display unacceptable behaviour towards club staff and stewards.
Once through the turnstiles and into the concourses, it is now a legal requirement for supporters to wear face coverings indoors. There will be hand sanitising stations throughout the concourses and hand washing facilities in the toilets. Once supporters are seated, mask wearing is no longer required.
As ever, we appreciate your understanding and support as we navigate the latest Government guidelines surrounding COVID-19. With these new measures, our primary aim is to ensure a safe and enjoyable matchday experience for all our supporters and we thank you for your ongoing understanding and patience.
Tickets remain on sale for both the Ipswich Town fixture and can be purchased online here, via the Ticket Office or over the phone on 01204 328 888.